Sunday, July 06, 2008

Adventure Snippets Floating In My Mind

Ok, so my plan was to talk about how I was working on this adventure here on my blog... so I think I'd better start doing that properly!

At the moment I know that the adventure will start with the PCs arriving in a bus terminal late at night at the end of a long trip. I'm not sure why, but the scene of a bus terminal has just stuck in my mind, so dammit all I'm going to use it :-)

One of the scenes I want to use is the PCs arriving at some sort of gathering of other forgotten - like a market or similar. However I am a little hesitant about the market idea, as Neverwhere has an important scene where the main character arrives at a market. So I don't want it to seem like it's too derivative. I could just make it some sort of camp I guess. I've got to think about that some more.

And I don't know why, but for some reason "mad religious groups" have been figuring into my roleplay creations the last year or two. It started with the Cauliflowers in The Veggie Patch, continued with the Fires of Amatsumara game I'm running, and now I'm thinking about it for The Forgotten - people who think they have been "chosen" (or are being tested) in some way.

Oh yes, and the PCs will definitely have to run into Collectors. What's a Collector? Think of them as the Men In Black or Agents (ala Matrix) of the setting, except they capture and drag away forgotten who are too slow and those people are never seen again.

No comments: