Thursday, July 03, 2008

World Adventure Writing Month '08


In case you've never heard of it before (and it hasn't exactly taken the Internet by storm), WoAdWriMo or World Adventure Writing Month is a RPG version of NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. The idea is that over the month of July, you write an adventure for your favourite system/setting that will then be freely available to everyone for download. Last year there was a page minimum (32 pages I believe), but the great thing about this year is that they've removed it. A very good thing in my opinion :-)

I thought about entering last year, then never got around to it. But I think I will definitely enter it this year.

Now I've just got to decide what I'm going to write about. Do I write something for the various campaigns I'm currently running (Evernight, Fires of Amatsumara, and an unnamed dark future cyberpunk [without the cyber] setting), or something totally different? I'm not sure yet, but I think I will give myself until Saturday morning to decide.

Should be fun!

No comments: