Thursday, July 03, 2008

Further Adventure Thoughts

After some more thought, I've narrowed my adventure setting options down to two.

The first option ties in with the dark future setting I'm currently running a campaign in. The setting is actually made up of two parts - the "real world" which is rather bleak, and a computer world called Ostium (think a much more advanced version of World of Warcraft) which citizens can play to escape the real world. If you've seen the .Hack series or read the manga, the computer world is similar to that. So option one would be an adventure for Ostium.

The second option is for a campaign idea that I've been kicking around called The Forgotten. It takes elements from Neil Gaiman's Neverworld, along with a book I read when I was in high school that I no longer remember the title of. Basically, the world just "forgets" the PCs, and they have to cope with the sudden loss of everything they have (while trying to survive in the "new" world they find themselves in). That's option two.

Both adventures would be introductory adventures. Both adventures would need some sort of blurb about the assumed setting. And both settings are ones I would like to publish via Polgarus Games one day (so the adventure would be reworked later on to be used as a free "promo" item).

Ah, decisions decisions :)

(And who knows - I might end up picking something totally unrelated!)

No comments: